What a month… we really hope you and your families are all well and safe.
Over the month, with your support we’ve kept busy. Hopefully we’ve provided you some new facts and some distractions from reality. Here’s what we got up to.
This included a link to our booklet with a few bodyweight exercise options, but we’ll be posting more on our social media.
Role: Exercise Physiologist
Location: Launceston, TAS
Justin’s Ninja Skills
🍚 Food – Japanese, Thai, Chocolate, Coffee
🏋️♀️ Exercise – Ball-based team sports or strength training (with music)
🌞 Fact –There is on average 100,000km of blood vessels in the human body, enough for 2.5 trips around the earth
📖 Fiction – Battlefield & Halo, Marvel, Bond film (Daniel Craig!)
💪 Myth Buster – A scan will always tell you exactly what’s causing pain & lead to it being “fixed
Get to know more about Justin here, including:
Most Inspirational Client
Life outside of EP
This Month in Social Media
Favourite Social Media Posts
The most popular posts across the platforms were:
- 🥇 First Place
Spell your name! Or the day. Or your mum’s name!?
Choose your desired number of reps, or use a time period (30/45/60 seconds). Alternatively, role the dice!
Our Covid19 Updates
- Zoom consults (Tele-Health)
Over the past 7 years, Specialised Health’s EPs have been providing exercise physiology programs over Zoom for clients who live in remote areas to allow them continued access to treatment despite their location.
We didn’t think we’d also be offering Video Based EP Sessions to those that might be self-isolating from a pandemic situation but here we are
Unfortunately, a pandemic doesn’t put rehab on hold. If rehab stops, the only thing that can happen is deconditioning. Here’s what we’re doing to continue the rehab journey onwards.
Behind the Scenes
Every fortnight we roundtable challenging cases and we run various clinical in-services regularly as well! This month our team discussed:
- Exercises with no equipment
- Innovative resistance band exercises
- Role of cortisone injections
- Exercises for lower back management
- Case study: painter returning to work after shoulder injury
Team Focus Areas for March
- Ensuring all staff are aware of, and abide by, the government’s Coronavirus updates, including personal and professional commitment to social distancing, hygiene practices, minimising risk and self-isolating
- Ensuring confidence in the use of Zoom for telehealth consults
- Reminder to provide individualised rehab in face of these additional challenges
Did you know that we have a Sister Company in the Corporate Wellness space?
|Why We Like Standing Desks||You Body NEEDS You To Move|