Life a bit more homely than usual?
We got a sneak-peek into the home lives of our EPs.
Through a very long email chain, we got together to share our favourites and hobbies outside of streaming online.
Check out some ideas here.
Executive Assistant, Crystal Stavris, has been working at home for years. She graciously shared her tips on how to thrive in the home environment.
From managing distraction, kids and meals to detailed to-do lists, helpful apps and maintaining motivation, this is a not to miss read!
Check out her hips here.
With the closure of gyms nation-wide purchases of dumbbells, kettlebells and other traditional pieces of gym equipment skyrocketed. Now, if you can even find what you’re after, they’re likely 4-8 times the usual price!
So, we asked our exercise physiologists what they thought was the most useful equipment to have for workouts, in a lockdown, without access to weights.
Find out the results here.
Thanks again for a great request!
With the shudown of gyms and difficulty sourcing home equipment, our EPs have had to get creative.
Click here to find out how Mark used a letterbox, how Chantelle involved her baby girl, what Yolanda used stones for, what Tessa’s doing with tyres and how Ani got the most out of a pile of branches.
Role: Exercise Physiologist
Location: Wellington, NZ
Lauren’s Ninja Skills
🐱👤 Mental Health
🐱👤 Balance and Falls Prevention
🐱👤 Work Conditioning
🥜Food – Scorched almonds!
🎾Exercise – Playing tennis- it is my happy place
🧠Fact – Regular exercise increases the volume of the hippocampus. The hippocampus is the memory centre of the brain. It helps us to process and retrieve memory and is also where short-term memories are turned into long-term memories!
🦁Fiction – The Lion King
⚠️Myth Buster – “The more you sweat, the more calories you burn.”d
Get to know more about Lauren here, including:
Most Inspirational Client
Life outside of EP
This Month in Social Media
It was a close competition this month, with daily posts of EPs sharing some of their favourite exercises.
The most popular posts, tallied up across the platforms were:
- 🥇 First Place
Resistance Band Exercises for the Upper Body, without needing a pole, beam or door!
- 🥈 Second Plance
Lauren’s Core Pyramid!
But to be raw, how did this one not get more votes! Mae showed us how to use a foam roller outside of just rolling! She also shared some hardcore glute burners!
Behind the Scenes
Every fortnight we roundtable challenging cases and we run various clinical in-services regularly as well!
Here were our focuses for the month.
- Exercising with household items
- Role of EP in mental health claims
- Different ways to measure strength
- Problem-solving for potential client engagement in telehealth barriers
Team Focus Areas for March
- Ensuring all staff are aware of, and abide by, the government’s Coronavirus updates, including personal and professional commitment to social distancing, hygiene practices, minimising risk and self-isolating
- Ensuring confidence in the use of Zoom for telehealth consults
- Reminder to provide individualised rehab in face of these additional challenges
- Keep monitoring online stores for equipment
- We are working on our stock of equipment to send to clients without delay
- Excited Welcome to Hannah Langbein. She’s now servicing the Meadowbank area in Sydney for us!
- Return of an old face – Tim Hood is back with us in Newcastle/Central Coast NSW
Did you know that we have a Sister Company in the Corporate Wellness space?
You can also see what’s on the mind of our Director, Brad Domek, by connecting with him on Linked In.