It’s been a big year for us already, hitting the ground running with numerous publications, presentations and staff changes. We will summarise quickly for you though!
This Month in the Media
- Director, Brad Domek was invited as a guest on ESSA’s Business Network Podcast titled “EP’s Working in the Life Insurance Space”. If you’re an ESSA member this is available in the Business Network but stay tuned for this to be released to the wider audience shortly.
- Melbourne based EP, Jennifer Smallridge’s article “My Experience Working in Life Insurance” is due for release in the March edition of ESSA’s Move Magazine – watch this space!
This Month’s Education
Re-visit some of our recent articles and content from the month of February here:
- Article – What’s Your Sleep Score?
- Article – Broken Heart Syndrome, Heart Disease and HIIT Everything you need to know
- Staff Spotlight – Jennifer Smallridge
- Video – About Us
Favourite Social Media Post
Are you following us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram? (Big Thanks to those who already are!)
The most popular posts across the platforms were:
- First– Specialised Health’s About Us video: with 136 Reactions throughout Facebook and 361 minutes watched! (For a 39 second video that’s pretty impressive!)
- Runner Up – Our summary of ABC’s Depression and Exercise with 114 Reactions on Facebook.
Focus Areas For February
Each week via our Team Meetings and Roundtables, we discuss what the biggest areas are which we’re going to focus on and improve as a company. This month we looked at:
- Using our Exercise Physiology programs to enhance the customer experience of Life Insurance claimants to support customer confidence in the sector. We want to provide everyone with an “enjoyable customer experience” whilst recovering from their illness / injury.
- Strengthen the coordination occurring on each of our cases with Rehab Providers:
- further alignment of specific EP goals with RP goals
- Encouraging open communication to problem solve the barriers arising during the program
Thanks agains to OnePath for having Director, Brad Domek, and EPs Anirudh Parthiban and Chantelle Wardini in to chat to Claims Assessors about how Exercise Physiology based health and wellness programs can be used to help customers in their recovery journey… In between the smoothie drinking and strength competitions!
Who knew the finance department was so strong!! Check out Brad’s Linkedin post here
Our New Exercise Physiologists
- Renee Trevarthen – Sunshine Coast, QLD
- James Danos – North Melbourne, VIC
- Shara Kinney – SW Sydney, NSW
- We’re welcoming a new Admin team member in March who will be joining Melissa Mills on the admin front
- Wishing all the best to Crystal Stavris who has been Admin Manager for 6 years who is taking Maternity Leave! All the best for number 3… Hold on tight and enjoy the ride..!!
- Biara Webster is taking a sabbatical leave from hands-on exercise physiology however is continuing with us as Content Manager for our articles, emails and social media posts. Get in touch with her and find out where in the world is Biara Webster…
See you all (digitally at least) in March!