In case you missed any of Specialised Health’s online posts and emails you can click the links below to access the original articles:
HRV. Our Secret Weapon. It measures physiological stress, playing a role in chronic fatigue, chronic pain and mental health. Read more about it here.
- Bonus Feature
🐱👤 Mental health
🏃♂️Exercise – I Love the endorphin rush from weight training & the mental acuity that running gives me. I discovered at uni that if I went for a run before attempting an assignment, I would finish it in half the time.
🧠 Fact – Just 20 mins of aerobic exercise will start “lighting up” the cerebral cortex which in turn enhances cognition & working memory.
🐴 Fiction – I grew up on a farm, so I still love The Man from Snowy River
💥 Exercise Myth Buster – HIIT (high-intensity interval training) is the only way to reduce body fat – NOT
Read more about Brad here
This Month in Social Media
Favourite Social Media Posts
The most popular posts across the platforms were:
🥇 First Place: Shara’s exercise video on Specialised Health’s Instagram
Behind the Scenes
Every fortnight we roundtable challenging cases and we run various clinical in-services regularly as well! This month our team discussed:
- Cancer complications (bowel resection & incontinence)
- Progressing from hydrotherapy to land-based exercises
- BPS & Back pain
- Biceps tendon rupture
Focus Areas for October
Each week during Team Meetings we discuss what the biggest areas are which we’re going to focus on and improve as a company. This month we looked at:
- How we respond to suicidal ideation. A situation we’re confronted with more often than we’d like
- Enhancing our individual online presence. Despite all being great EPs “you are who Google says you are”, therefore, we want to make sure that we do all of our EPs justice and have their Linkedin and Website bios up to date and reflecting the experience they all possess.
- Improving our work specific testing in all assessments as well as making sure there are always work related exercises within all supervised sessions
- Frith Maunder (Toowoomba, QLD)